Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yay for Rain!

As promised, here are my before and after pictures.  These were taken from a staircase at one of the universities I work at, and were taken a week apart.

Real clouds instead of smog!
Bonus picture of the clear sky at the park!
The schedule for this week was the same as last week, going to UNAB on Monday, UDP Tuesday, UNAB again Wednesday morning for English Club and AIEP in the afternoon, and UAH on Thursdays.  Fridays we spend together as a big group all on one campus.

While we were at UNAB, we shared with a couple of girls who prayed with us to receive Christ, which was really cool.  We tried to catch up with them last week, but they were too busy, so we're getting lunch together Monday.  We had also been worried that the protests would affect our schools and we wouldn't be able to work there anymore, but the universities in our area are all private and our Chilean friends told us that they generally don't protest or cancel class, so we shouldn't have to worry about that.

Monday night, there was a worship service for all of the people involved in Vida Estudiantil, which was great!  It was cool to see how big the ministry in Santiago is, rather than the few people I work with each week.  I also bought a Spanish Bible there, because there had been a few times when I wanted to explain something using a verse, but couldn't because the Bible I had was English and my Spanish isn't good enough to tell them about it.  Now I can show them, and it's been good.

We had a very slow day Tuesday.  I had tried to contact girls I met the last time we had gone to UDP, but no one responded.  It was also the coldest day since we've been in Chile, so people were studying inside rather than hanging out in the courtyard, so there weren't many people to talk to.  We also have to have a student let us in all the buildings, and the guy who normally goes with us had meetings all afternoon, so we could only go where he dropped us off.  We prayed for a while, and went home a little early.

That night, the hostel hosted a barbecue for us, which was really good.  They had chorizo sandwiches with a sauce they warned us was really spicy, but it was pretty much just pico de gallo.  They also had really good steak.  It was very carnivore friendly.  Afterwards, we walked down to a gelato place that was really good.  I had a scoop of cappuccino flavored gelato, because I'm trying to get my caffeine wherever I can.

Because I need to sleep more than post stuff, I won't be catching up this weekend, but I'm close.

No comments:

Post a Comment